speedo not working and will not shift

chouser5
0

Asked by chouser5 Mar 15, 2013 at 04:39 PM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

we have been working this car for about a year we bought it without an engine we bought an engine to rebuild finally got it together every thing runs fine but speedo doesnt work and tranny wont shift codes say input and output speed sensor we changed both still doesnt fix the problem any Ideas ?

mrmoony
1,920

Did it fix the Speedo problem by putting in the new sensors? Does the van move at least in 1st gear? Just a guess but it sounds like lack of transmission fluid pressure only if it does'nt move at all. The governor function in the tranny could make it act like that.

John Sofia
0

Spedo is controled by tranny there is something called the speed sensor in the tranny. If it wont shift also the tranny is shot either rebuild the tranny or just get a new 1

John Sofia
0

Check the fluid first obviously make sure everything is up to date check all of the vacuums and hoses toake sure there isnt a leak