How many oxygen sensor 2001 Mitsubishi Galant v6 has? Where do they locate? Thanks

don1999
30

Asked by don1999 Feb 07, 2009 at 10:46 PM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

Matt Rodriguez
265

I believe it has 3, possibly 4. For sure there is one on each exhaust manifold, and one by the catalytic converter. If you are throwing a CEL have it scanned and with the readout, it should tell you exactly which sensor is causing the code.

don1999
30

Thanks Matt2408. I don't understand what you mean a CEL, is it the one that AutoZone use to check the error code for free? Thanks

Matt Rodriguez
265

Yeah, Check Engine Light, even though I just now remember the Galant's Light is Service Engine Soon, but they both serve the same purpose. If there is something wrong with any of the oxygen sensors or cat's, the light will come on and your car will need to be scanned. AutoZone will usually let you do this for free and they also print out a report on your problem. I will look for my diagram in the Factory Service Manual that relates to the area of the exhaust system and I will put it on here for you.

Rowan Reid
15

One on the intake just after the air box. There is also on right after the catalytic converter.

Matt Rodriguez
265

Wrong. Sensor on the intake is Mass Air Flow. Not an oxygen sensor. And with his 2001 V6, it should be cali-spec, which would mean he has multiple Oxygen Sensors. An OBD-II scan tool will tell him exactly which one to replace.

bowzer
10

obd-11 told me sensor 1 bank 2 2001 v6 Where is sensor 1 bank 2

James French
35

it has four oxygen sensors and bank 2 sensor one is the one on the manifold facing the front bumper first sensor down from the head

dlyn01
10

what about the 4 cyln...how many 02 sensors?

don1999
30

Matt is correct. it is is cali-spec, I just don't know where the exact location of the oxygens is. The OBD-II scan tool will tell which one needed to replace but does not tell you where it is.

don1999
30

Would you tell me all of the 4 oxygens sensor locations, James? Thanks

HSScotty
0

That's a great question. I'm in the same boat with my Spyder and was hoping somebody had answered it. 2001 Mistubishi Spyder GT

papa

you have 3 of them on tailpipe comeing off exhaust manifold,1 at cat converter.

Arfa007
55

Hey guy I need some help trying to swap my transmission from auto to standard, I have a 2002 mitsu galant 3.0 I really need some help qith the list of parts and stuff like that, my email is ftxhouaffe43@gmail.com, please hit me up, i'm waiting, thanks in advance ...

Daniel Foster
2,605

arfa start your own thread youll get more help that way