weird idle problem

Adamh1993
0

Asked by Adamh1993 Sep 19, 2009 at 05:18 AM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES

i have a weird idle problem whenever my a/c is on and i go to take off the car seems to lose power almost like its going to stall, then its fine as im driving, i have cleaned the mass air flow sensor thinking this would solve the problem with no luck. anyone know what this might be?

kujosh
10

Not sure what causes it. I just bought a 2002 Galant, and mine seems to have a similar problem. The only difference, mine sometimes dies when idling. The engine runs fine while driving. Only when idle. I'm hoping that I can resolve it by idling it up a bit.

Aaron Chen
55

try looking for any leaks in your intake tube and throttle body. Maybe the plastic cracked or the clamps arent tight, causing you to lose air. The engine is adding fuel for air that is not there anymore, causing you to stall. Also try cleaning your throttle body

Joshua McGinn
10

check your manifold pressure sensor located on top of your manifold mine wouldnt start and when it did it was idling rough but i replaced that sensor for about $155 and havent had a problem