mini cooper 2005 hatchback: would like to lift it 1 to 2 inches is this possible?

badmac
35

Asked by badmac Feb 04, 2013 at 05:23 PM about the 2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback

I have about a 4inch clearance on my Mini and would like to lift about 1.5 inches is this possible and if so how?

49,755

You can raise the body by installing heavier springs or air shocks.

badmac
35

Do i have to get these from a Mini dealeror can I get them from a parts store, or on line???

Michael Branan
1,705

Let me pose the question: Why? You have an under powered model. If you are interested in clearance for larger wheels, the answer is simple, DON'T. If you are looking at rally applications, the check out Fox Racing. You will also need beefed up steering and all supporting components if this is the case. Still, you would be better suited with an S.

badmac
35

just want to lift for looks and clearence. I'm not looking to send it over the top, just to stop from bottoming out.... using 17's and tire clearence is fine. I just want to get it off the ground a little.

Will Akin
25

Why..in God's name would you want to lift it...?

Michael Branan
1,705

Like I said, either say you money for an S or a Countryman. I have stock 18's on it. They rock!

CJ Michaels
655

i know they make a lift kit for the countryman....i dont see y it wouldnt work on the cooper....not to mention that all u really need is a 1-2 inch spacer, just make sure its not gunna slip out or do anything sketchy haha