91 mercury topaz brakes work on right side and not left side

mikejacobus
0

Asked by mikejacobus Apr 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM about the 1991 Mercury Topaz 4 Dr GS Sedan

judge_roy

sounds like a collapsed brake hose...go to brake service and have these defective hoses replaced...all of them, and check the height on the brake pads and whether or not both sides are wearing evenly with respect to the center cooling vanes on each rotor. Give the system a good bleed, of course this will happen automatically when the new hoses are installed~

51,695

How do you know that only the right side is working? It could be a seized caliper locking one side up. It could have a leak that moved the slug in the master cylinder. Have it all checked out anyway. You don't want bad brakes.

mikejacobus
0

did a road test and only right side locked up also no fluid coming out of mc at the front left line

7jimmy7
11,145

start disconnecting fittings ,see where fluid flows to what point!

judge_roy

new m/c around eighty bucks, rockauto.com apparently has the rebuild kit for the m/c~