Why is there no fire coming out of the coil pack?

tiffuhnee
0

Asked by tiffuhnee Jun 07, 2011 at 08:47 PM about the 1999 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

We have replaced the alternator, coil pack, crank sensor, fuel pump. Its getting fuel and it is turning over great but it doesnt fire. Went to auto zone and the coil pack is good. There is fire going to the coil pack but it's just not coming out. So, why is the car not starting? I'm so frustrated!

kencougar
25

check the electronic control modual.

DavsR
20

i've had my cougar sitting for almost two years because of this same problem... I've replaced coil pack, crank angel sensor, Diods for ignition under the steering collunm and the fuel pump in case it had somethinng to do with the Pump module.... I have know Idea whats not allowing the car to turn on. Cranks fuel pumps but no spark... If you have better luck fixing this let me know PLEASE!!! I've tried everything other than replace the ECM.