2003 mercury sable stalls

jim1944
10

Asked by jim1944 Oct 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM about the 2003 Mercury Sable LS

My mercury starts fine cold but a few minutes into the drive the radio stops the Batt light comes on and the dash goes out.   Then most of the time the car stalls.    It will start up in a couple minutes and it is if nothing ever happened at all.    Only when it is cold 20 or so and not all the time

113,955

First thing to check is if your battery cables/ground connection are corroded or loose.

jim1944
10

The ford garage suggested that too. I have and even replaced the Batt because one day it would not crank after sitting but the problem remains. The ford said there are a couple computers that it could be but until it became more constant they would only be guessing.

dmcdonald2k
105

also check wires that come off the back of alternator they had recall on those on my focus and it did same thing