overheating

Gloria Cason
0

Asked by Gloria May 16, 2012 at 04:08 PM about the 2002 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr Premium Sedan

my mazda millenia overheated two days in a row this week but i changed the thermostat last year. so i
filled the radiator and the over flow reservoir today and it isnt over heating now, even after letting it idle for
30 mins in place with the air blasting.  when i remove the radiator cap and  rev the accelerator though it
does make the fluid in the radiator act like a blown head.

Paul Wilson
505

i don't fully understand what you are asking. if you remove the cap while the car is running the pressure from the water pump will force fluid out. if it is not overheating under load. not just at idle but in the freeway or around town then you should be ok. idle is not the greatest test. it works to a point but i would see f it overheats in traffic. if so you may need a flush or you could replace the thermostat again. they are usually under 20 dollars and generally are a failure point. you can try taking out the thermostat and see if it overheats. if it does the issues with the radiator most likely. it could be dirty or clogged on the inside. also check your temp sensors.

You think this is helpful.
bigguy12
0

I have a 2000 Mazda Millenia it overheats and I have no heater blows out cold air. I have no leaks coolant is full. My son let it sit and run for like 10 mins then drove it down the road no overheating until we let it sit a few more mins but the whole time no heat. What could be wrong with it?