My 1998 Lincoln Continental air ride suspension compressor comes on for a few seconds and then goes off without raising the car?

Willelliott2k
0

Asked by Willelliott2k Jun 27, 2013 at 06:52 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

Checked compressor and it works fine when hard wired but still does not raise car.

fordtech57
1,115

hard wiring compressor will not help module has to open solenoids for bags to fill,most likely cause is compressor relay has a burned connector or pump is heating up so fast due to high resistance and shutting down due to the thermal switch in compressor,ck bags to make sure they are not all crackes and if ok would replace compressor and relay,hope this helps

Dean Moore
50

check your drier on the compressor. if the silica inside is "full" the compressor cannot such any air through the drier. most cars that are converted to springs were done needlessly because the mechanic blamed the faulty airbag system, yet never considered changing the drier as it is supposed to be changed periodically. about $50 at autozone with a lifetime warranty. those systems will last forever is you change the drier as needed.