How to fill transmission fluid in 2001 lincoln ls v8???

Asked by junemail Jun 27, 2011 at 03:04 PM about the 2001 Lincoln LS V8

ok here is the problem i got a 2001 lincoln ls v8. I hit a curb and cracked the transmission line. I fixed it easily bymyself not that hard now there is no leaking of the fluid, but the thing is now I got to replace the transmission fluid but how do you put it in. (and yes i know it doesn't have dipstick). cant i just drop the transmission fluid pan fill and put the pan back on?

Jeff Leeper

You can fill through the transmission dipstick tube, they sell both funnels and hoses that attach to the bottle of fluid to do it. Another trick is to use a perm bottle from a beauty supply store (also works great on manual transmissions)

it doesn't have a dipstick tube just the drain plug on the bottom of the tranny most people go to a service tech but i heard of a way u dont have to and im trying to fill the transmission fluid because i just fix the transmission line that had a tear/hole in it and made it leak. Now i just got to add the transmission fluid but how when it is on the bottom of the car. does anyone know a way besides service tech?????

Jeff Leeper

Indeed it is a sealed transmission. Remove the smaller bolt on the bottom of the transmission pan. Then remove the small bolt at the back of the case and add fluid there until it starts to run out the bottom of the case where the other bolt was removed. When it starts running out it is full.

thanks about to try it now I will let you know what happens

did taking off both fill and check screws and filling it up;, mkae ur transmission work? thx, have the same problem!

How do u check the fluid bc i got in my car and it won't go in reverse but it was fine when i parked it the night before.

Eliseo Villarreal

Good question my car has same problem revers was working fine all of a sudden, no reverse, but drives forward fine.

my check engine light came on and car seems to startle when im proceeding 40 mph any suggestions of wat it mite be

Adrian Vasquez

I just change cylinoid pack in my 2001 transmission Lincoln LSbecause a code kept popping up now I am going to fill it back up with transmission fluid do I have to reset the codes or what should I do

these trans are sealed like most new trans are, the best way is to buy a big turkey syringe and some tubing to pump you trans fluid full, the smaller bolt thats higher on the pan is your fill and level plug, fill til full, run the vehical for 5 to 6 mins w plug out and allow excess fluid to drain, reinstall plug and ur good to go, also a good tip is to get a small 180" pipe for the end of your hose to hook into the hole might need cut if you dont get a flexible pipe, dealerships and pro trans shops use pumps to install and flush fluid, but they are thousands, GAUTHUN RACING

Jose Gonzalez

Don't know ur answer buddy but I have a question about my car it says check transmission maybe it just needs the fluid but o don't know where the whole is do u know where it's at?

the only way to refill the transmission is to take it to a dealer or mechanic. the drain plug is the only way to refill the trani, and you need a special type of "mighty vac" with a reservoir so you know how much is going back in. ive been working on nothing but 2000-2002 lincoln ls v8 with the 3.9L for the past 2 years, i say to anyone who owns a lincoln, GET RID OF IT WHILE IT STILL RUNS!

How much dose a 99Lincoln Town car take