Rough Idle and Stalling

02gator
10

Asked by 02gator Jul 15, 2011 at 05:41 PM about the 2002 Lincoln Navigator Base 4WD

I have 2002 with the 5.4 that has been idling rough and now stalls after its warm when at stop signs or if i go from park to reverse.  I have replaced the PCV valve cleaned the mass airflow sensor along withe replacing the idle air control valve.  Just to make sure when i replaced the idle air contol valve i lubed it and made sure all of the parts were moving freely.  I took it to AutoZone and it is throwing code P1504 saying there is an electrical load failure on the IAC i have checked to make sure there is power and the harness is in good shape and it still has the same problem.  Does anyone have any advice or see anything i may have missed?  Oh and i have checked closely for vaccuum leaks.

Jeff Leeper

Does the vehicle maintain rpms at idle or is it loping erratically? Try disconnecting the alternator and running the car. You may have alternator interference causing the problem. If that is the case, replace the alternator.

02gator
10

thanks, I will give it a try!

Mannylolow210
20

I have this exact same problem and it seems as though it got worse when i put in a new alternator ive been reading alot about this EGR FILTER AND SENSOR and am curious as to whether or not this could be it does anyone know for sure?