I have a Lincoln LS that won't start but the battery is fully charged.

magnesium88
125

Asked by magnesium88 Jan 07, 2013 at 07:43 PM about the 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

The engine will sit there and turn over all day long, but doesn't actually "come to life". My room mate
is pretty mechanically inclined, and I am not so shabby myself. I can change the coil packs no
problem as I am sure anyone else who owns this car can. Here is the deal. I ran my car two days
before this started happening with absolutely zero problems. Two days later I come out and the
battery is completely dead. I charge it for 4 to 5 hours. As I am charging the car the first few times
the horn & lights start to flash. After I put the key in the ignition to get those to stop I left the car to
charge. I come back to it and all the normal bells and whistles come to life (lights, seat, steering
wheel, etc). Turn the ignition and the car won't completely come on it is like it is trying to turn over
but doesn't completely get there. From all my reading the past couple of days on this issue I am
thinking there might be a problem with the PATS. Could this possibly be the case? Possibly the Inertia
Fuel Shutoff Switch?

Ronc258
3,820

Sounds like it is in the security system on your car to me. Had a simular problem on a gm and we replaced the relays and still nothing we would jump the synoid and it would turn over but would not start. Had to bring it to a shop and they had to disable the security system by by passing it or they could replace the ingnition switch was cheaper to have them by pass the security system.

Best Answer
magnesium88
125

It was the inertia fuel cut-off switch located behind the kick panel on the driver side. Very easy access. primed the pump and the car started right up damn PATS. Live you learn I guess.

Ronc258
3,820

Glad I was able to help

theworldmayneverknow
200

Hey im having the same sort of problems with my 2000 linclon ls i checked that area under the kick panel and the red button was down is that how yours was?

SusanDS56
60

I started having this problem a few years a go, after short trips. The dealer attributes it to a design flaw of the single wiring harness, and the battery location in the trunk. Not enough power to actually start the car. A new battery has helped, but for days without use, and in cold weather -still need to charge battery or jump start the battery.

Bobby Witherspoon
30

I have a 2002 lincoln ls v8 and i turned on and everything lights up but the engine will not turn over and everything shut off. What do you think is the problem

Ronc258
3,820

Bobby I would start by checking your battery connections make sure they are clean and tight . all so check the cables for corotion

Genene Frank
20

I am having the same problem every stated above, thing is i have purchased my car from another owner i do not have his contact to see if he put in his own security system. I have followed the steps today to dis alarm the car. I keep seeing people here bring up the kick panel where is that located? will i need another key?

Kimmiee Bowles
0

did u ever find out what it was the same is happening to us an we need help