2005 LS V8 map sensor code occurred

AndreaGA
0

Asked by AndreaGA Feb 18, 2013 at 08:32 AM about the 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

Please explain where it is and can it be easily replaced?  If so, please give approximate cost to purchase the part.

DavidH25

If you have the 4.6L it does not have one, but otherwise it's under the air filter and about $60 to $80

14,195

If it has a v8 it is the 3.9L there is no 4.6 available for that vehicle. It does not appear to have a MAP sensor but instead a MAF witch is mass air flow. which in that case david is correct on the location it is in the intake piping between the air filter and throttle body. could you provide me with the dtc it set?

DavidH25

OK kbro, I didn't know that. I thought the 4.6L could be had in '05..I didn't research this one just pulled up an image

14,195

I dont think they offer a 4.6 in any LS. I hope you take it as correcting you politely. some people get offended when reading text on a page its hard to tell how they are saying it.

DavidH25

OK kbro I didn't know that, I thought the 4.6 could be had on an '05. MAP v. MAS MAP sensors help to regulate the combustion in an engine.

DavidH25

OH, hey man that is exactly how I took it. I don't get offended when somebody knows something I don't