Why does my Lincoln LS Shift hard

SCLB94
5

Asked by SCLB94 Jul 03, 2012 at 10:20 PM about the 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS and the car seems to shift hard, during all typed of driving.  It has been doing this since I purchased the car and I have had it looked at by the dealer on several occassions, each time they told me they could not find and problems with it.  has anyone else had this problem, if so what was wrong with it.  Any advice would help.  My LS is the Sport with the V8.

Thanks

83,195

The dealer isn't going to help you with little issues like this. See if you can find a local transmission shop, not a big name place, get some feedback on their work. Ask them to diagnose the trans for you. I don't think you need a new trans, try to sound informed and tell them you think the Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid Pack needs to be replaced. This seems to be a common issue on the transmission you have. There are 3 pressure control solenoids & 4 shift solenoids in one plastic part ,made by Bosch. You remove the trans pan,the gasket is reuseable silicone You remove the filter, You remove approx 7 -- T30 bolts, holding the solenoid pack & one 10mm electrical connector bolt. HPN-9L2Z7G391A about $400 for the part and add on labor. Add in some new Mercon V and filter kit and your good to go.

Johnny Adducci
15

I have had that problem with my 2005 also. It's because it has an electronic transmission for faster shifts, but it isn't very refined. Mine became smoother in normal driving after adding fluid, my dealer did it.

Muhammad Zaid
865

is it an auto ?! if yes have the transmission oil been changed from the time u bought it ! if not replace the old oil 70 % of all the auto tranny problems r solved by this because transmission oil too have a life so they start to become thick and clog the valve control body of the tranny system

MRROC
10

My 2005 has started this too. I am going to have the trans serviced. Then change the control solenoid. Thank you all for the info. I love my LS. I am only 5'4'' so it fits me well. Mr ROC

atlargeohio
60

I had my tranny fluid changed which made it shift even harder. the mechanic told me to take it to Ford and have them reset the computer. So I pulled the battery cable off for a minute and put it back on to reset the computer. Now the car shifts like it should... Try this first, its free

unhappyandpissed
20

Ford dealerships know all about the faulty transmission in the 2005 LS and if they say they don't they are lying. I was told by my dealership that Ford has allocated so much money to help the cusumer pay for the replaceement of the transmission and that's exactly what my dealership did for me. I paid $2,500 out of a $4,500 replacement charge and my problems started while I still was under warranty and they refuse to acknowledge the faulty transmission. They said they couldn't find a thing wrong with it until I finally threaten to contact Ford about the issue and I discovered more information on-line. BOY, did they spill the beans on the faulty design issue with this model and year. But I'm still out $2,500. I'll never buy an other Ford product as long as I live and I'll be telling a whole lot of people about Ford and it's honesty

NiaNicholson
0

I need an answer myself! I have a 2004 Lincoln LS V8 and it's doing the exact same thing! I am so pissed about this, because Ford has had a recall/Extended and refuse to replace the Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs because my car has 126k Miles on it. I have made a complaint against them with the BBB and the Michigan Attorney Generals Office. I will ultimately contact the FCC and the FTC and the Media, if the don't fix my car ASAP!!!! I will never purchase another FORD!