Loud clicking noise above passenger side rear tire

BigBabyLincoln
0

Asked by BigBabyLincoln Apr 07, 2011 at 02:03 PM about the 2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury

Just bought a 2006 Navigator. I intermitently get a loud clicking noise coming from just above the right rear passenger wheel area compartment. It goes for a while then stops. Any idea what component may be causing this?

Steve Kleinhans
245

Maybe the vehicle has factory trailer tow package ,there are relays for the lights and turn signals controlled by this,also does the vehicle have air ride suspension,there are relays for that to and I believe the relays for both of these are inside the trim panel where you are talking about.

nicerod77
70

The loud clicking noise sounds like your rear air, does it happen when you turn on your heat or rear air.

AprilB
10

I have a 97 and mine recently started doing the same thing, occurs when curving to the right. It sounds like axle noise but there doesn't seem to be any problem there.

Enginefacts
70

it is your air blend door popping... it happens when it becomes stripped. You need to replace it. There are two of them, so you need to remove the back passenger wheel well cover, start the vehicle, turn air on and adjust controls until you hear the noise, walk around to the back of the vehicle and pull the wire harness from both of them one at a time. The one you pull that makes the noise go away its the one you want to replace. 100 % accurate.