How do I open the passengerside back door when the child safety lock is on?

BoholMark
975

Asked by BoholMark Feb 09, 2014 at 01:23 AM about the 1995 Kia Sportage EX 4WD

My 1994 Kia Sportage right rear door handle is broke. The child proof door lock out is will
not allow the door to be opened from the inside. I want to replace the broken handle but
first I have to be able to open the door.
The door handle seems to have 2 hooks that would grab onto some sort of bar or
something that would activate the latch that would open the door. However one of the
hooks is broken and the other isn't grabbing anything.
Any ideas? I've tried to google a door diagram.  But without any luck.
Thanks in advance.

2JZGE730
10

Wow, and you had the nerve to insult MY question? Clearly, when it comes to opening a car door, you first have to ask yourself, do I have the skill to do this? Wow.