How do I remove the rear drive shaft of my Sportage for towing behind a motorhome?

BajaBrandi
0

Asked by BajaBrandi Feb 28, 2009 at 03:04 PM about the 2001 Kia Sportage EX 4WD

Hi

I have a 2001 Sportage 4WD Limited Edition.  I need to tow it behind my motorhome for 750 miles on a two-wheel car dolly.  The owner's manual states that the rear drive shaft should be removed if the vehicle will exceed 28 MPH and/or 50 miles.  Can anyone provide me with information on how to do this?  Or, a link to instructions for doing this.

Thanks for any help.

BajaB

frankvc1964
0

Hello, I have the same situation, Did you ever get the answer/instructions on hot to do this? If so will you past them onto me please... Thanks in advance

Slim01
0

If you look at your at your driveshaft it should have a flange at both ends. There are 4 small bolts on each flange. Take these bolts out and push the driveshaft back from transmission, it will come out.

roncu44
0

you don't need to remove the drive shaft, just put the rear wheels on the dolly and lock the steering wheel so the wheels are straight then you can tow it and the rear wheels won't turn causing damage to transmission BUT MAKE SURE STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED WITH WHEELS STRAIGHT!