Can I tow a 2001 Kia Sportage, manual transmission, optional 4wd behind a motorhome with four wheels down?

LeoneG
0

Asked by LeoneG Jun 26, 2013 at 06:20 PM about the 2001 Kia Sportage Base 4WD

Hi, have a Kia Sportage and want to equip it to tow behind an RV.  Can it be done without modifying the vehicle?  Manual transmission, optional 4wd.

DavidH25

I downloaded the 2001 Kia Sportage owners manual and it say you can tow the vehicle at no more than 55mph and no more than 400 miles on all four wheels. If towing father or faster remove driveshaft and can tow unlimited.

LeoneG
0

Thank you, that's great. Does that apply to the one's with the 4wd option too? or do they need something special? I tried to download the user manual and it gave me one for a Sears ride on mower. I think someone was poking fun :). Thanks again

DavidH25

ago I found the download at http://www.2shared.com/document/Oe0smmUc/2001_kia_sportage_owners_manua.html ...and it does include AWD, it's comes in a pdf file that you will need Adobe Reader or a reader like it. There are a dozen to choose from, this one is free, a couple of them want you to pull your credit card out first and they go from $20 to 30, all are printable. One sent me to a porn site. They are sneaky that way. There are lots of them on eBay too.