Hello, I have a Kia sportage 2001, everything was running smooth until a couple of days, my car star to warming up speciallywhen I used the air conditioner, the temperature goes up fast, also some cold water comming out inside the car under the dash down to the foot, can you have any idea of a possible cause?. Thank you.

passport97
40

Asked by passport97 Jul 01, 2013 at 11:54 PM about the 2001 Kia Sportage Base

Kia sportage 2001 problem over heating every time I used the air conditioner, also liking
water inside the car, when AC is on, can you help me with a possible cause?, and how to
fix it?. Thank you.

lexx6669
55

It 'sounds like' a thermostadt. call a local parts place,they sty open late & know those cars well! some of the staff have been mechanics! a thermostadt can be tested once taken out in a pan on a stove--but why bother? replace it!,,,, but for free...ask questions,and borrow a compression tester @ the auto parts,its sooooo easy it will blow your mind!! to test to check if youve got head problems. also,if it has no compression,like it has no guts,,,especialy backing up....it sounds like head gasket job time. but go free,& easy first. lastly,,the water pump,could be saying its tired & done!

passport97
40

Thank you for your answer,lexx6669, I'm definely checking one by one, ofthe possible problems, I have one more question, can you tell why my Kia it's so trembling specially when it's in low rpm,( like when I am at the red light,) I just did the tune up about 2 months ago, thank you.