P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire

WAT
0

Asked by WAT Jun 17, 2010 at 01:39 AM about the 2001 Kia Rio Base

I have a P0302 fault (cylinder 2 misfire). I replaced the spark plugs just a week ago, and when I checked them today they all still look new, except for the cylinder 2 plug.  It is completely corroded on the top end (where it plugs into the spark plug wire).  I know there are a large variety of problems that could cause a cylinder misfire, however the condition of the new spark plug leads me to believe it is an ignition problem.  I replaced the ignition coil, checked all the spark plug wires for continuity between the coil and the plug, and replaced the corroded plug, yet I still get the P0302 code and the car still jerks and bucks on acceleration.  Anybody have any ideas on what else I can try, or why the plug is corroding so badly?

bobm1964
50

I have the same problem with a 2003 kia rio po302 # 2 misfire but also have code po113 , I don,t know if they affect one another po113 is a IAT senor that i replaced but all the plugs looked great and wires are pretty new if you fined out anything please let me know and i will do the same bob newjerseyguy64@comcast.net

lashunasims2013
125

I have the same problem with a 2011 kia rio. This has happened to me on 12/8/12 and 2/6/13. I keep getting the misfire codes...... Kia dealer saying its made gas.. The replaced two ignition coils on the two different cylinders on separate.. I dont trust this car. It is still under warranty.. I want to trade this car.....

lashunasims2013
125

I meant to say I have the same problem with a 2011 kia rio. This happened to me on 12/8/12 and 2/6/13. I keep getting the misfire codes.. The kia dealer saying its bad gas and only to use Shell gas. IT is still jerks when I put it in reverse and it stalls when I drive... The engine is off now but this is a bad sign off it is already messing up and it is still under warranty.. smh... I'm writing to the coporate office...

raoulSazerac
40

exact same thing happening to me KIA RIO 2011; when I'm at red lights it jerks and shakes for no reason I can figure out; also has the P0302 code; still under warranty and already has problems. Ridiculous!

carlieboss
10

i bet it is the fule fuilter

ocmario20
20

I have the same problem with my 2003 Rio. I changed all the wires, plugs, coil pack, and fuel filter! and still having the this problem!!

84renault
0

i have a 2009 reo, my no.1 misfires,i changed plug, put 1 can injection cleaner in ,2.5 gal fresh gas , still have problum, i m trying a new injector will let you know, sad i drove this car 14,000 miles now, im retired, and truble al ready.

Johnny Ochsner
20

I just had my engine rebuilt on my 2006 Kia Rio 12,200 miles ago, and randomly experienced misfires a little while back that seemed to go away after letting the car sit overnight. Now it happened again, just randomly as I accelerated from a red light, and am in the process of trying to figure this out. Really makes me mad!

peteross
40

I have a 2011 Kia Rio and the same exact thing. it was driving so perfect and one day it just suddenly started to jerk and almost konk out. The check engine light came on, and it appears to be running smooth again, the light is now off, but I am paranoid about what this could mean.

Christie Barney
0

I have

Christie Barney
0

I have a rio5 2009 and am also having the same problems with cylinder #1. I've had it in two garages in our home town and just brought it to a Kia dealer ship the other day. They replaced the plugs and were going to replace the coil but I already had it done before I went in and I am still having the excat problems. The light came on later that day I had take. It out of Kia garage. I've spent so much money on this problem but yet I can't get it fixed. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. You can send them to chbishop21@hotmail.com

Raymond Simpson
0

My 2009 kia rio is misfiring on 3 of its 4 cylinders and Its only at 52000 miles. According to the information I have compiled while researching this problem I have found that voluntary repossession of the vehicle and declaration of bankruptcy are likely the best course of action. The engine is gone yet I still owe $12,000?!? I'm getting lawyers.