Outside drivers side door handle is broke

recon88m
5

Asked by recon88m Jan 09, 2011 at 12:59 AM about the 2002 Kia Sportage Base 4WD

I know its just a clip inside...Well i think its just a clip. I just wanna know what i will need to do before i pull the door panel

papa

remove door panel,their is 2 small bolts that you have to remove to get it out,plus the rod that is atached to it inside.

waterboydf
20

The one I am fixing has the handle rod clip hole broke, So you have to buy another handle. Hopefully you can find a used one with the same color as the car. you need to remove the dr. panel which consist of three screws (one screw is under a plastic plug in the bottom of the panel handle cup) and five or so clips which pop out when you apply lite pressure under the panel to them. Then it you need to remove the rod for the inside handle and lift the panel up and out of the door. Unplug the electric windows switch and the rest is self explanatory.