Both my outside door handles are broke and I cannot open the driver or passenger doors.

marytrecycling
5

Asked by marytrecycling Jan 01, 2013 at 09:33 PM about the 2002 Kia Sportage Base

I can open both doors from he inside of the car but the mechanism is broken when I took the door panel
off. Can I get a part from the junkyard or would it be best to go through kia.  I'd rather do the first.

62,525

Try the junkyard and/or eBay first. The dealer would be the most expensive source of parts but you can call them and find the retail price. --- NEWS FLASH Rockauto.com has them for $14-$20 each

25,365

There most likely is a rod that fits into an "eye" on the back side of your exterior door handle. GM & Ford used to have plastic clips to prevent the rod from falling out of the hole. Maybe Kia does too. If that is the case your local auto parts store(Advance, NAPA, etc.) Should be able to get the clips for you very cheaply. HTH. -Jim