my car blows cold air from the heater...why

Laurashope7
0

Asked by Laurashope7 Feb 24, 2013 at 01:09 AM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

my heater never heats...just blows freezing cold air

7jimmy7
9,395

most times its the thermostat, next its cloged heater core,or deverter flaps not moving under dash.try blocking 1/2 rad. front with cardboard, if some heat appears its thermostat

DavidH25

If that doesn't do it see if the valve that opens the flow to the heater core opens, the valve or linkage to it may be stuck

DavidH25

I just now noticed that it's a '99 Taurus. For that one year, '99 only, Ford put a bypass around the heater core so that if the heater core were to get plugged the engine would not overheat. I would have to pull up a hose diagram I don't remember exactly why..as if the coolant flowed through the heater core all the time, anyway if the coolant is getting diverted through that bypass there you are, no heat

Popowewe
0

You say try blocking 1/2 rad on a 1999 Taurus that is not blowing heat what do you meen by that