IF MY CAR WONT START AND ALL I GET IS A THEFT LIGHT FLASHING AND A CLICKING FROM THE FUSEBOX UNDER THE HOOD EVEN AFTER I CHANGED THE IGNTION COIL BATTERY STARTER AND SPARK PLUGS WHAT COULD BE LEFT TO

Rahman Johnson
0

Asked by Rahman Aug 21, 2012 at 03:46 PM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

8,815

Check connections from battery to ground and battery to starter.

Richard Hyzy
345

It could be that your key is not the correct one. What I mean is that the key might not be programed to this car. The theft light suggests that the little resister that is in the plastic part of the key is not programed to start this car.

MrBlueOval
3,875

You might have to reset the computer. You do this by disconnecting the positive side of the battery for a minute or so, then reconnect it and make sure the connections are tight on the positive and the negative side. Try starting the car. If that doesn't work, try resetting the factory alarm which has a kill switch built in. Open driver's door, insert key, turn to on, leave like that for exactly 10 minutes, after which turn key off. close driver's door and then try to start the car normally, this resets the anti theft device. If none of these works, then double check all of your connections where you replaced items or disconnected items. Something might not be connected properly. Good Luck, Kenny / MrBlueOval

Christopher Paden
3,005

Is the engine cranking at all? Is the theft light flashing rapidly? Or just occasionally as if it would if the car was off? If the theft light is flashing rapidly, you have an issue with the alarm system. (bad key, bad antenae in the key hole, wiring issue) If the car is turning over, but not starting and the theft light is steady, I would check your crankshaft position sensor.

blues1120
50

check the fuses . i had a problem with my 08 ford . turn the key on nothing no lights on dash . found a fuse to ignition switch blown .now looking for that problem.

kennymohan
10

my explorer is doing the same thing.pats is a joke and a waist of money.americans spend more on tows and keys than the theft system helps!!!!!

Jarm09
40

@erica someone ripped out the plastic piece where you stick the key in. And from your pictures I'm guessing it's the lock barrel? My car won't turn over at all and I have my transponder key and everything. I need help

Erica Duplex
310

Sounds like something in your ignition. You may need to replace or check your transponder coil in the ignition, its all part of the Anti-Theft Systems. If thats not the problem then its deeper but could still be simple and cheep like the little green antenna that goes to the "PATS" it looks almost like a part out of a computer and has little wires that can break off causing you car to lock you out like a thief. This gets damaged from time to time and makes life a living hell. Good news is that you can fix it yourself for $3. Just go down to pick and pull junk yard and find one off a car like yours doesn't even have to be the same year or mold. Carefully remove and i mean carefully. Hope this helps

Erica Duplex
310

here are some more pics of what to look for

Erica Duplex
310

Anti-Theft Systems