IF MY CAR WONT START AND ALL I GET IS A THEFT LIGHT FLASHING AND A CLICKING FROM THE FUSEBOX UNDER THE HOOD EVEN AFTER I CHANGED THE IGNTION COIL BATTERY STARTER AND SPARK PLUGS WHAT COULD BE LEFT TO

Rahman Johnson
0

Asked by Rahman Aug 21, 2012 at 03:46 PM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

4,775

Check connections from battery to ground and battery to starter.

Richard Hyzy
175

It could be that your key is not the correct one. What I mean is that the key might not be programed to this car. The theft light suggests that the little resister that is in the plastic part of the key is not programed to start this car.

MrBlueOval
2,555

You might have to reset the computer. You do this by disconnecting the positive side of the battery for a minute or so, then reconnect it and make sure the connections are tight on the positive and the negative side. Try starting the car. If that doesn't work, try resetting the factory alarm which has a kill switch built in. Open driver's door, insert key, turn to on, leave like that for exactly 10 minutes, after which turn key off. close driver's door and then try to start the car normally, this resets the anti theft device. If none of these works, then double check all of your connections where you replaced items or disconnected items. Something might not be connected properly. Good Luck, Kenny / MrBlueOval

Christopher Paden
1,995

Is the engine cranking at all? Is the theft light flashing rapidly? Or just occasionally as if it would if the car was off? If the theft light is flashing rapidly, you have an issue with the alarm system. (bad key, bad antenae in the key hole, wiring issue) If the car is turning over, but not starting and the theft light is steady, I would check your crankshaft position sensor.

blues1120
20

check the fuses . i had a problem with my 08 ford . turn the key on nothing no lights on dash . found a fuse to ignition switch blown .now looking for that problem.