Is the Kia Sorento made more cheaply/low quality than the equivalent sized vehicle of other brands?

HappiMom
0

Asked by HappiMom Jun 28, 2012 at 05:50 PM about the 2003 Kia Sorento LX

I had a 2003 Kia Sorento that was scrapped after a low speed accident. I was hit in the driver-side front
wheel by a Toyota Camery that was driving about 10 mph. The frame and axel on the Kia was bent
rendering it "totaled". Would the same amount of damage have happened if I were driving a similar sized
car of a different brand, e.g. Nissan Rogue or Toyota Rav4? Is the damage that was done to my car
indicative of cheap manufacturing? I now have to buy a new car and I am wondering what to buy.

Lisa Rezac
0

I just bought a v6 awd lx with back up camera on tues. The car is solid, great on gas, comfortable, and I love it. I had previously been driving a 13 year old Nissan pathfinder and my ac blew. I drove the jeep grand cherokee and went with the Kia. You get great warranty and better gas mileage than any other non hybrid suv. I also got the 3rd row seat. If you only need seating for 5, check out the Kia sportage if you don't like the sorento.