Interior lights do not work when door is opened

Tony Momsen
35

Asked by Tony Apr 06, 2014 at 02:18 PM about the 2005 Kia Sorento EX 4WD

At first the back seat overhead light stopped working.  Kia said it would be over $1,000.00 to repair it.  Font overheads still worked but now they no longer work when a door is opened.  Both front and rear still work manually.

Michael Kane
10,785

Sounds like its just the door switch, what did the dealer say they where going to do for a $1000?

Michael Kane
10,785

It could be this switch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-06-Kia-Sedona-interior-light-switch-dimmer-control-door-light-switch-OEM-/181323367988?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a37b70634&vxp=mtr

Best Answer
Tony Momsen
35

I posted a reply but I guess it did not take. The control unit may be the culprit as the Kia Dealer said it was some type of control unit. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Tony Momsen
35

Michael l don't have that style of control unit as mine has the 4X4 switch where the light off and on switch is. I also have a cruise control switch in mine. I'll check the door switches.

Dawn Kuhns
0

I had the same thing happen in my 06 Sorento. Dome light, driver window, driver seat all stop working at random times. Had the dome light replaced at the dealer for 100. Talked to a friend who is a Kia mechanic and learned that the sorento has a ton of electrical issues that the dealer is aware of but didn't issue a recall on. Just biding my time til I can get a new car....

Jodi Duron
10

I have the exact same thing... first the dome went, then the front lights and the rear hatch. So frustrating! It is not the switch, as the lights on the doors still work when open.