How can i convert a 2wd. 05 kia sorento to awd. i have been searching fis conversion kit for it but no luck and if i have to buy it as a kit or only every part by it self

eric261984
10

Asked by eric261984 Oct 05, 2013 at 09:38 AM about the 2005 Kia Sorento EX

Adyghe
0

I don't know the exact answer to this question since i am willing to do this to my 3.5 V6 2006 Sorento ... i did some search and came up with these conclusions: You will need to replace your 2WD gear box to 4WD and install the front differentials along with the drive shaft, Replace the interior knob and ( i think ) the rest is computer reprogramming because they all run on the same ECU ( 4WD & 2WD ) But you will have to replace your Sorento parts with new ones from the same model cause the 03,04 doesn't have tiptronic transmission ( deferent ECU # ) and 07,08,09 has the new 3.3 engine This is only the result of my search, i just shared my info Cheers,

Adyghe
0

Please let me know if you've got a better answer