I have no power to the radio, fuse is good

stevesonhnny
0

Asked by stevesonhnny Dec 19, 2012 at 08:24 PM about the 2005 Kia Sorento EX

battery was jumped backwards, replaced alternator, everything but the radio works now

shabbyit
20

there is a inline fuse be hine the radio . you need to change that one . you should not have to take the radio out reach up fine the wires that go to the radio follow them from the radio you should be able to feel the fuse in the wiring . anyway that is why the radio don't work ......

mimalady
10

Kia Sorento, 2011. One day I turned on my car and there was NO audio. Not from the radio, CD, navigation or call assist. I checked all the fuses but they were all good. Then I found the reset button on the front (next to the Sirius Radio Dog, top left), pushed it with the tip of a pen and it turned everything off...then reset. Then the audio was back! It's only been 1 day but so far so good. Hope it never happens again.

Swallow
0

I have Sorento 2011. Two months ago the sound on radio, CD, navigation or call assist all packed up. Kia engineer told me that I need a new radio unit which would cost me £2733.84. one of the back street mechanic told me to disconnect battery for a few minutes then reconnect it the radio was reset and working. It saved me a lot of money. My advice is try this and it may just need resetting as a mobile phone.