kia rio . how ofen you change timming belt?

samirwansa123
35

Asked by samirwansa123 Oct 31, 2012 at 10:21 PM about the 2005 Kia Rio Cinco

DavidH25

This link should help............but inspection-- according to Kia owners manual-- it's a pdf file you need to download yourself, i can't paste it here. 60,000 but that's inspection not replace. www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLkdnkFW9c0...........

DavidH25

sorry I hit post and wasn't finished. That same pdf file from Kia says inspect at 30k, 45k, 60k and 75k and replace at 90k if you have not already done so after an inspection indicates you should

DavidH25

http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/do-you-have-to-change-the-timing-chain-on- your-kia-rio/ is another link you may want to look at, there seems to be a descrepency on whether it's a belt or chain driven cam.

Francis Lapointe
265

Personally I would replace it as the repair manual tells you do do it. They snap often and when they do, you need a new engine. Used engine are rare and they sell around 1500$ + installation =$$$. Worth investing in a new belt. Personaly I would change it when they recommand it. It snap on my previous Rio so I bought a new Rio instead...