how do I remove the alternator on a 2005 kia rio?

shawnmulcahey
20

Asked by shawnmulcahey Aug 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM about the 2005 Kia Rio Base

I have been trying for four hours to get my alternator out of the engine compartment.  I have loosened bolts
on mounts of all kinds.  Was thinking about removing entire air intake to make room.  I am at my wits end...
please help me.

Francis Lapointe
275

removed?

shawnmulcahey
20

yep, pried the engine one inch towards the front, put a block in the engine mount. Removed the Air Intake manifold, and shimmied the alternator out past the steering rack. Took me about an hour and a half to get the alternator out and about a half hour to put it back in and get everything put back together. But I thought ahead and replaced the intake manifold gasket while I was at it.