wet floor passenger side

Maui
0

Asked by Maui Apr 02, 2007 at 12:56 PM about the 1993 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr STD SUV

The passenger flooor is getting wet in the front. can't seem to locate the cause. there is  no odor  of anti freeze or fluid  coming from the matt, but I do seem to loose a bit of antifreeze from the recovery bottle.  

bovan
9,570

Dear Maui-- That moisture on the passenger side floor of your 1993 Jeep Chrokee would usually indicate a problem with your heater core. Have a mechanic check it for a leak. Take a look at where your problem lies at the following site-- http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/15/2b/11/0900823d80152b11.jsp. Good luck from Bovan.

Best Answer
cpd305
0

I had this problem with my Grand Cherokee. Assuming that your A/C is working try this. The condensation tube on mine was pluged up and drained into the cabin on the passenger side. It only did it on long drives where the A/C ran full time. I eventually pulled the carpet back and drilled two small-ish holes in the floor board. Not a very scientific fix but effective and no more wet carpet.

45,725

Unplug the HVAC drain. It's the small black hose in the engine compartment. It is on the firewall down low, it points down and is open ended.