Jeep cherokee turns off while driving. new crank sensor new distributor and still having problems

Norberto Trevino
20

Asked by Norberto May 19, 2012 at 07:39 PM about the 1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr Sport

1994 Jeep cherokee

Daniel Pizzorni
95

does it crank back up after you turn it off?

Norberto Trevino
20

It turns off on its own and it wont turn on right away and sometimes it wont even turn on till a day later or so

Daniel Pizzorni
95

check the voltage to the coil and the coil itself, it might work for a few minutes or all day and then when it gets hot it stops working, and then after it cools off(a few minutes or a day) it might work for awhile again. giving you the on/off symptom. if thats not it check the computer also

Norberto Trevino
20

It did that at first and they checked the coil and said it was bad so I replaced it and still did the same... So that's when I moved to the distributor and replaced the whole thing... Computer isnt bad

Daniel Pizzorni
95

did you check your fuel pump pressure?

Norberto Trevino
20

Yes and fuel pump works and also put a new filter

Daniel Pizzorni
95

bad connection somewhere? you already said you replaced pretty much everything fuel/spark related the only thing left is either one of the previous parts was of poor quality and went bad or wire harness/computer. ive had over 15 cherokees and gc and i had 2 that did the same thing one was the computer and the other one had a bad distributor

Norberto Trevino
20

Yea I have replaced just about everything. But my brother in law checked it yesterday and said it might be the crank position sensor that gives out or senda a bad signal

Daniel Pizzorni
95

how long do you drive before it craps out?

Tom Mccrory
40

have you changed the fuel filter, some times when you have a plugged filter they will run for awhile or all day, by looking at the other answeres that you got that nobody asked about fuel pressure.