2000 jeep cherokee sport overheating

back40hb
0

Asked by back40hb Aug 13, 2012 at 06:49 PM about the 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD

have literally replaced almost every part of the cooling system. radiator, cap, water pump, fan clutch, hoses, thermostat, and the head gasket along with a new head. It's still overheating. test have been performed including a combustion, pressure, and flow test. all checked good. electric fan is kicking on when supposed to. No smoke from exhaust or moisture. the oil has 2500 miles on it and looks as clean as it did going in. no level changes on oil or antifreeze, except of course when it overflows the overflow container. the onlt thing left I can think of is the block, but nothing is pointing in that direction either. If anyone has some advice besides new motor or salvage I could use it. thanks

sport2000
10

Could be a small hole in overflow container. Coolant flows in and doesn't flow out on cooling. Hence, low coolant in block and overheating. If you blow air into overflow hose and don't get bubbles in overflow container most likely is the problem. Happened on my 2000 Cherokee while under warranty so I took it to dealer to get thoroughly checked out even though I knew what problem was. Told them about hole and it still took two visits to get new overflow container.