why wont my jeep liberty rev over 2000 rpm ?

trk1363
0

Asked by trk1363 Apr 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM about the 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport

jeep was running excellent the nite before then out of nowhere the car wont go over 40mph it hits 2000 rpm it backs down down shifted to get rpms up and motor shut down then when it hit 2000 it came back on, even in park or neutral it will only rev to 2000.it runs great otherwise no knocks or pings or smoke car has been well maintained . any have any ideas oh its a 2003 with 3.7

49,625

It sounds like it's in "limp mode". That's when the computer is trying to protect the engine. Get the codes read at the parts store. Write down the trouble code numbers and post them here.

nailshakhtur
0

please I have the same problem an no answear , did you find out what is the problem? my jjep is in soud America no dealers there , nshakhtur61@gmail.com my mail , will appreciated the help nail shakhtur