i have a 1997 isuzu rodeo and when the car runs for 5 to 10 mins it shuts off.

amodeobrandon
0

Asked by amodeobrandon Dec 05, 2012 at 01:48 PM about the 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 4 Dr S V6 SUV

. the fuse in the fuse box under the hood near the battery keeps overheating. its only that fuse and when you
swithch the fuse the new one overheats too.its the fuse to the fuel pump. i checked the wire that goes to the fuel
pump to the fuse box and its fine. i also changed the fuel pump and put a brand new one in and thats not the
problem. i cant think of any other reason.

Paul Matthews
1,825

'Overhaeting' the fuse would normally indicate that there is a large ' amp draw'usually caused by a high resistance. In this case i would suspect as you have that the fuel pump is to blame. Alot of vehicles do have 2 fule pumps, a lift or priming pump and a running pump. Check your vehicle type. You could also measure the amp draw by using a multimeter in-line. Also check the power leads as you may have a short to earth, damaged or chaiffed wire.

amodeobrandon
0

Thank you for the help paul but it only has 1 fuel pump and i put a brand new fuel pump in because i thought it was pulling too much amperage.it did not solve my problem. I also checked the wire. I cant imagine what else it would be besides for an elctrical problem with the computer or the relay box is screwed up.