Isuzu 2000 Rodeo 3.2 V-6 won't accelerate in Drive past 5 mph. No check engine lights or warnings either.

Kelly Barrett
0

Asked by Kelly Jan 06, 2012 at 08:24 PM about the 2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4WD

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 V-6.  Just recently it started to not accelerate when
in D.  It idles fine and doesn't feel rough at all.  Also, there are no engine lights or
warnings at all.  However, when in D it feels limp and won't accelerate.  Also, at
times when I put it in R it will stall as soon as I release the brake, but doesn't
happen all the time, and if I pull forward, then it'll reverse just fine.  It seems to
stall when it's sat for a while in Park and you try to go in R first thing out of Park.  
Any ideas?  I've been reading around and some say it might be the TPS (Throttle
Position Sensor).  It's about $70 at O'Reilly, but I don't want to spend that if it won't
fix my problem.

papa

no on TPS,is a tranny issue.