Oil consumption

commuter
25

Asked by commuter Aug 23, 2013 at 09:36 PM about the 2002 Isuzu Trooper 4 Dr Limited 4WD SUV

Does anyone experience oil consumption (no leaking) with Isuzu Trooper 3.5 liter V6
engine?  As there are no oil leaks found and no visible exhaust, where does the oil go?

judge_roy

check the PCV (positive crankcase valve) plastic elbow forces the oil out the valve cover gasket and anywhere else because it is foul and cannot ventilate anymore...the oil has to go somewhere hopefully it's not out the valve cover gaskets...PCV valves are around 4-5 dollars a piece~

You think this is helpful.