Car engine ticks after having the heads re-done

Isuzuowner
0

Asked by Isuzuowner Jul 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM about the 2002 Isuzu Rodeo LS

Car overheated and the garage replaced water pump, timing belt and had the heads
redone but now engine has a ticking noise. They say it needs valve caps? This car has a
2.2 engine.

120,015

Ticking is sometimes caused by the valves. Have the shop adjust and or replace the caps.

Isuzuowner
0

Will it hurt to drive the car until the caps can be ordered?

DavidH25

Ah, those 'caps' that the valve springs fit in to...those...I have heard they can be adjusted with shims but that does not sound like the 'right' way, listen to Tom here I~O...new caps

Isuzuowner
0

Caps are ordered but don't come in for 5-7 days. Will it hurt to drive until then?

120,015

I wouldn't go long distances, but if you need it for a short trip to the store or garage, I bet you would be fine. But call your mechanic and ask him his opinion.