car has power but when I tun it over just continous clicking

Stanman04
10

Asked by Stanman04 Aug 19, 2014 at 09:29 PM about the 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS

I recently changed out my starter and had no problems since, yesterday car was running and all, this morning went to start my car and just gives continuous clicking sound. I tried to jump to give it more power thinking battery was low but still same thing continuous clicking sound and wont start. Can you help me?

T_S_T
24,585

Have you rechecked all your connection,s to starter and battery cable,s tight.If it ran before has to be this.

T_S_T
24,585

It all so can be bad battery,even jumping want help it.

Stanman04
10

I haven't checked connections to the starter but checked connections also cleaned off positive cable and retightened but still same thing. I believe like you said in your second answer that may be bad battery but still wanted someone else opinion..Thanks

T_S_T
24,585

You are welcome.

Michael Kane
10,775

Batteries usually have a average lifespan of 5 years and it can be less in extreme hot or cold or heavy use conditions. I would recheck th connections first then get the battery tested if it checks out.

Stanman04
10

Well caught Walmart before they closed, purchased Battery, installed and car started right up! So diagnosis was bad battery. Thanks Guys for the extra input