Putting gas in car

fencebuilder
0

Asked by fencebuilder Oct 06, 2013 at 08:47 PM about the 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS

when refueling,only about 1/4 of gal. goes in and pump quits and I must wait a few second before it will take another 1/4 gal.Filler cap is enclosed in a locked cover,so I feel sure no one has inserted any foreign matter into the tube leading to the tank.

Ronc258
3,730

Check to make sure you are venting properly and check the carbon canister

Rose Altman
10

It is the carbon cannister & hoses attached to it. You must replace the cannister & have hoses emptied of the charcoal pellets. My mechanic stated Hyundai did not make the cannister correctly, so ongoing problem for everyone, including newer models after a point in time. Costs less if you buy parts yourself & have mechanic install. Check thermostat, too, as it seems to go right after you have cannister repaired. Personal experience & good luck!

Frank Jones
0

i have replaced the charcoal canister the selonoides both with the canister and under the hood and still having same problem could some of the charcoal got into the filer neck and be the problem