My stop lights wont shut off, what do i do?

K_Jimison
0

Asked by K_Jimison Jun 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM about the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6

I was driving to a friends house last night and on my way there my cruise control stopped working while i was cruising.  I didn't think much of it at the time.  So i get to my friends house and turn off the car, this was around 9:15pm, at about 1:50am we were going to go to the store and we got in the car and it wouldn't start.  I popped the hood but of course no flash light.  I happened to notice the tail lights were on, and that the brake peddle was not quite where it should have been.  Around 11:00am we got it jumped and it stayed on all the way till i got home.  When i got home i noticed the lights were still on so i took out the fuse.  I will be checking it regularly.  Just curious if someone could help me out with this or if someone has had the same problem.  Get back to me asap please and thank you.

DavidH25

The stop light switch and cruise control have related components...when you apply the brake the cc will turn off. Or go to a mode that needs to be re set. The switch under the petal needs adjustment or replacement.

DavidH25

click image to see it

DavidH25

or

DavidH25

and finally

K_Jimison
0

ill let you know what i find out when i take it to my guy..thank you...

DavidH25

Please do. I like to know when these things are solved....or not. Thanks