how to do the drive cycle for a 2003 sonata gls

louisj
20

Asked by louisj Nov 01, 2013 at 05:25 PM about the 2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS

need to know how to do the drive cycle for a 2003 sonata gls 2.7 v 6?

elderly_man
80

Drive on the highway @ 50 MPH or higher for 10 minutes without touching the brake. Let up on the gas as you approach the exit and coast in; apply brakes. While doing this, turn on the radio, a/c, heater, all the gadgets. You also have to drive for several minutes at 40 MPH or below under normal operations, starting and stopping.

louisj
20

how do u do the o 2 heater test? or the evap test?

elderly_man
80

Are you just collecting information, or do you have actual issues readying the monitors? Specific tests for each monitor I do not know. I do know that you have to drive the vehicle under normal operating conditions and as described above to ready the monitors. If you are having trouble with certain monitors there is probably an underlining reason. You must have over 1/4 of fuel in the tank for the evap monitor to get in the ready- this is just one aspect. I have the same issue with my 1999 Sonata- the evap cannot get ready, but I know why. My Fuel Gauge is stuck on E, hence the evap will never get in the ready no matter what I do unless I correct the aforementioned issue. I am trying to find out if there is a fuel gauge fuse, and if so, where. If you have certain codes, that too will stop certain monitors from getting ready.

louisj
20

trying to get car to pass inspection and monitor still not ready after driving for a week now ! still need the drive cycle for a 2003 Hyundai sonata gls with the 2.7 v6