My 2003 Hyundai Sonota is cuttin out, spitting and sputtering whn taking off and again at a higher speed. Like it is running out of gas or fuel filter is stopped up/

katreed
0

Asked by katreed Nov 01, 2013 at 03:29 AM about the 2003 Hyundai Sonata Base

cuts out. runs rough like it might be running out of gas and then other times is ok. also
the #3 plug wire keeps coming off by itself, I thought it could be from the engine vibration
so I zip tied it on and after a short while it started doing the same thing. Sometimes check
engine light will come on , sometimes not. also ive noticed it runs much worse when the
ac /def/or fan is on.

elderly_man
30

You should find out if it has any fault codes. Does # 3 wire come off the plug or the distributor? Either way you should replace it- being loose creates a break, which lends to your intermittent problem. Also, there might be something in the fuel tank, like water. Get an additive to put in your tank that combats that and also one for the oil that helps cleans the piston valves.