No power to Fuel Pump and No Spark

txvigil
10

Asked by txvigil Mar 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM about the 1990 Honda Civic Base Hatchback

Does anybody know why I am not getting spark or fuel to the fuel pump.  I installed (new) fuel pump, fuel tank, ignition switch & wiring harness, a complete tune-up & a new Main Relay.  I checked that all fuses and that they have power to them and they do.

Can someone please help!!

judge_roy

when you turn the key do you get a wraw wraw wraw, or just click and nothing?

judge_roy

This thing still has a regular distributor with a regular distributor cap..perhaps you forgot to put the rotor back in.

DavidH25

You replaced the ignition switch? With Honda factory switch? The 1990 Civic has a transponder key... anti!theft system that must be programmed This is an image of a blank. The cut key came with the switch. Sometimes you must prove ownership of the car before the dealer or locksmith will do it. All that means is bring registration and ID with you, and I am pretty sure a locksmith will be less expensive than the dealer. New cars, after about 2008 only dealers can do, but on the '90 a locksmith can

DavidH25

PS I am not saying Bob is wrong. he knows what he is talking about. Mine was just an add~on thought

judge_roy

I'm wrong about a lot of stuff H25....only been playing in this guru business for about 4 months-...forgive and forget...what else is there- brisk mornin H25-ain't it?

DavidH25

Indeed it is. g/mornin'

txvigil
10

Thank you for your answers and my civic doesn't have anti-theft system on the car. I double checked to see if indeed if the rotor was installed and indeed it is installed. There is also no sound when I turn the key for the fuel pump to prime. Can anyone help! This car is driving me nuts