how do i tak off the crankpulley blt

Jose N Amber Rodriguez
5

Asked by Jose N Amber Jun 28, 2013 at 06:00 PM about the 1990 Honda Accord LX

jamnblues
8,475

Are you talking about a timing belt? not a V-belt?

jamnblues
8,475

OOOhhhh- Crankpully BOLT- is that right?! Am I right? Am I am I huh?! OK for the kid's sake, I will say I am- you need room to work- take out the radiator- may have to take out more- you need an impact wrench- cause when you try to turn the bolt the engine turns- right? That's your problem? Am I right? USE AN IMPACT WITH IMPACT SOCKET- The shadetree way is to get a long handled breaker bar- with an impact socket on it so it won't break- put the socket on the bolt- lean the handle on the inner fender, something that won't bend- have everyone stand back including the baby- disconnect the coil wire so the engine won't fire and start running- then get in the car, turn the key, and bump the engine around- this should break the bolt loose- or, bend the hell outta your fender if you didn't have the bar leaning the right way- note: this method is not approved by AAA, the FDA, the ASE, the CIA, Car Gurus, or anyone with a lick of sense- it is extremely dangerous if not done correctly with good equipment- remember, I am a highly trained unprofessional shade tree mechanic who would rather just take my car to a good mechanic (who will use his impact wrench) but extreme poverty has forced me to desperate measures- cuidado

jculver11
10

It takes a special tool to hold pulley.