why would coolant start leaking out of the thing on the intake manifold

tgbella
35

Asked by tgbella Dec 11, 2012 at 06:45 PM about the 1990 Honda Accord EX Coupe

this is a 1990 honda 4cyl engine, while driving about 25mile upon exiting the freeway I noticed a cloud comming from under the car in the rear view, once I had found a sutable place to park opened the hood and the smell of coolant and a hissing sound with steem billowing out of the engine compartment. Upon furthe inspection with multiple starts and cool downs to ensure I had the correct location of failure, it appears the when enough heat is present the module on top passenger side of intake manifold is leaking at contact point and I can visually see water/coolant bubbling out.
1: What is this module?
2: Why would it fail?
Thank you in advance for you help

tgbella
35

here is a diagram I found with the Failure poing in Question hilighted in red

2,245

ok so what you described sounds like a bad cylinder head gasket...but the item you outlined looks like it could be the thermostat..hard to tell...could you possibly post the link to the diagram?

tgbella
35

Ok lookes like under a nother search it is leaking under the EGR lift sensor, any help as to how to a: fix and b: why this could be happining? This search under Google was (Honda Accord 1990 engine Dia) http://www.justanswer.com/honda/1bj2j-1990-honda-accord-lx-stutters-stalls.html In this link it is leaking just under the EGR Valve Arrow