My car will not start after a night of rain or very humid temperature, but after it warms up (usually in the afternoon). I think that it is an ignition system problem, probably between the distributor and the motor. Normally this problem is related to either the rotor, the distributor cap or/and the spark plugs. The problem is that I have changed the distributor and spark plugs last year. Everything is still almost new, no sign of damage on wires and on the distributor cap. I opened the distributor to see if I could fine any sign of damage inside the cap but everything seems perfect. I was wondering if you can help me either troubleshot the problem and find out exactly what is going wrong or tell me what to do next time this occurs, what to check for, what to test, etc. I would not want to change the spark plugs and the distributor cap again, if I do not need to. I am trying to find a way to fix the problem without having to pay too much. Thanks!

guimier
5

Asked by guimier Aug 02, 2007 at 03:57 PM about the 1991 Honda Accord EX

Anonymous
0

check the coiler and the igniter