Value of 1991 Honda Accord

STPCA
0

Asked by STPCA Jul 09, 2013 at 07:06 PM about the 1991 Honda Accord DX

What is the value of a 1991 DX- Honda Accord, 4 door sedan in excellent condition with 71,250 original miles

judge_roy

excellent, if service records can be provided...you have a real gem there...why would you want to get rid of this one? no airbags?

STPCA
0

Mother's car- (little old lady) can't drive any longer. Most likely has records. Kept in garage. Any pricing ideas?

judge_roy

I'd pay $2500 if in California (my wife would kill me, put have a certain romance here)~

judge_roy

check the resale value with kbb, or edmunds or Yahoo motors or CARGURUS~

judge_roy

such low mileage is the appeal here, but the timing belt must be documented and scheduled oil changes as well...could split hairs here but if you can get on the freeway and feel confident with it....why not?

judge_roy

NO airbags....drat, no pop-N-win.~

judge_roy

look underside of the hood for a prior overheat...even grannies cannot tell when the engine's too hot...puffin smoke...leaving evidence under the hood (no one cleans the underside)~

jamnblues
6,155

$2500 is the right value I think- However- it's only because of the low mileage, garage storage, the "old lady" aspect- the car is actually more valuable than that- because it is rare- but in this economy you'll be lucky to get the 2 grand- think about it- "old lady cars" are as close to a guarantee of reliability as you can get- 71,000 miles! amazing!- and the car must look brand new, too- you rarely find a car like this- why not just KEEP it- make it your own- take care of it- it will run forever- if you don't want it, give it to a family member or a girlfriend- someone who needs an extra special reliable car- or the next poor mother you see walkin' down the street with grocery bags and 3 cute little kids- that would be somethin' special to do with your mom's car