1992 accord has power but want start?

rowrow
0

Asked by rowrow Sep 28, 2010 at 07:09 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord LX

battery,alternator,starter test good. changed negative battery cable car still want start

Dylan McCrea
315

could be crank sensor or check to see if you are getting fuel.

Adam Slaughter
375

could possibly be the main relay. they were a common problem with no starts

rwells
0

If crank but no start, check fuel and fire. If no crank, check neutral safety/clutch switch.

Kyra Cafferty
95

Or, if you live in a colder climate, you may need a larger battery. My 2001 has recently decided it doesn't want to start in the morning... (I live in WI, every vehicle I've owned has done it)

Samuel Nadeau
165

check for fuel and spark. Our cb7 distributors like to go bad.

Mika Nelson
10

My wife's care experienced the same problem and the same year and make. Found out the accord's have a problem with the MASTER RELAY switch. It is located directly under the dashboard and right by the steering wheel shaft. When it started to go out it would start in cold weather but not in hot weather and it gave all the symptoms of fuel pump problems. When fixed it cost 23 dollars and she replaced it herself because my hands where to big to fit up in there without having to take the whole dashboard out.

Alexander Ulyanov
15

Is it cranking or not?