I have to keep refilling my brake fluid every other day. What could be the problem?

Johnny Batres Jr.
0

Asked by Johnny Aug 18, 2013 at 02:52 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord EX

73,205

Check around the insides all wheel wells (back side of each tire) for the signs of the fluid leak. Also check against the firewall at the brake master cylinder for the leak also. With it leaking that much it should be very obvious to you when you find it.

36,045

If you have power brakes and can't find any external leaks then most likely the master cylinder is leaking into the booster. If that is the case then it is advisable to replace them as a unit, it should be cheaper than separately.

bigc52
365

Yea I think dandyoun hit the nail with the hammer square on.He said to check the the backside of your wheels on the inside for a fluid leak(It shouldd be real noticeable with the amount of fluid loss).The brake fluid is probably coming from a bad BRAKE CYLINDER.If it is your local auto parts store can help you.If you are not familiar with working on brakes take it to your mechanic so he can install the parts you need,because I have a feelig with the amount of fluid loss,all the brake parts are going to be saturated with the fluid.DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP if possible.Just a small auto shop can help you with a brake job.GOOD LUCK!!